Founded in 1998, Aiforense Japan Data Recovery, inc. specializes in analysis and investigation of lost digital data.
USA, New York Lab
< Corporate Name >
Aiforense Japan Data Recovery, inc.
< Address >
171 E74th St. C4, New York, NY 10021
< Email >
< Founder & CEO >
We investigate fraudulent investigation of employees (employees, retirees, officers), data recovery due to data server data failure, and investigation of the cause of data loss. The following are the main achievements so far.
Digital Forensic Investigation
< Internal fraud DF Investigation >
- Confidential information breach and data leakage by employees, retirees, and officers
- Data theft by former employee
- Arrogation, Bill padding, Forgery, Document Alteration, and more.
< Labor Issues DF Investigation >
- Claims for Unpaid Wages
- Non-work related activities
- Death from overwork, suicide, missing, bullying, etc.
< Request from Law Enforcement >
Murder, abandonment of a corpse, lethal injury, robbery, fraud, gambling bookkeeping, building damage, employment stability law violation, tax evasion, traffic accident, traffic rule violation, etc.
< Operation Error >
- Data deletion due to operation mistake by administrator
- Accidental deletion of database files
- RAID rebuild failure / support staff mistake
- Not supported by data recovery software or other recovery services
< Equipment Malfunction >
- File server HDD physical failure
- Startup trouble due to power failure during maintenance
<Natural disasters / Accidents>
- Earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, fires (fire extinguishing), traffic accidents
Coverage and article publication on data recovery response from the Great East Japan Earthquake "High technology required Increased demand in Kansai" (May 2011)
Nikkei Industoridal Newspaper
published an article about data recovery from damaged hard disks with technical cooperation with Kansai University "Recovery of 90% or more of data" (September 2013)
Famous engineer in the world of digital forensics indispensable for cybercrime investigation (February 2014)
As a cyber security expert (February 2014)
"Triage of Damaged HDDs and Guidelines for Initial Response" was covered, and articles were published in Tooku Nippo, Iwate Nippo, Fukushima Minpo, and Shikoku Shimbun. "Guidelines for Disaster Data Conservation" (April 2014)
FNS Documentary Award "Well, my father-what that river stole-", technical cooperation and program appearance of victim's digital camera photo image restoration (September 2017)
* Program production: Hokkaido Cultural Broadcasting
Close-up Gendai Plus "Reviving disappeared data !? Light and shadow of" digital forensics "", appeared as a "master of data recovery" with coverage cooperation (August 2018)
featured a special article on the front page that introduces "requests from the police and the National Taxation Bureau" and "called a master in the industry" (December 2018)
An article on data recovery from PCs damaged by the heavy rains in western Japan in July 2018 (December 2018)
The Asahi Shinbun
Coverage about the HDD leak incident of Kanagawa Prefectural Government. Comments are posted on the Asahi Shimbun and Mainichi Shimbun. Comments posted on top news titles at Asahi Shimbun Digital (December 2019)
Patents & Awards
- Title of the invention: A method for controlling the operation of a hard disk and a hard disk drive (Patent No. 6398023)
- Title of the invention: Recovery method for magnetic disks and magnetic storage devices (Patent No. 6108950)
- "Research and Development Award" by Institute of Digital Forensics (2018)
* In the same year, 2 individuals and 1 organization received awards. Hiroshi Ito, the first captain of the Ground Self-Defense Force System Protection Corps and the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Analysis Team (DFT) received the Social Contribution Award. And Dai Shimogaito who received R&D Award for the first time as an individual in the history of Institute of Digital Forensics.
Founder & CEO
6,793 (aggregate: June 2006-September 18 2019)
Membership of professional institutions
International conference lecture
- Research presentation at "CODE BLUE", an international conference on information security by world-class experts "Countermeasures against hard disk disaster recovery and firmware tampering attacks" (February 2014)
- Research presentation "EXOTIC DATA RECOVERY & PARADAIS" at the International Conference on High-Tech Crime Investigation (HTCIA) (August 2016)
- "EXOTIC DATA RECOVERY & PARADAIS" (October 2016), the second research presentation at "CODE BLUE", an international conference on information security by world-class experts.
Lecture history at law enforcement agencies, etc.
* Those with disclosure permission. Titles omitted. Implementation order.
- Hyogo Prefectural Police Headquarters
- Mie Prefectural Police Headquarters
- Reproduction Experiment at Osaka High Court
- National Police Agency
- Kansai Information Center Cyber Security Study Group
- Shiga Prefectural Police Headquarters
- Osaka District Public Prosecutors Office
- Database Security Consortium (DBSC)
- 1990-1994 Jishukan High School (Japan )
- 1991-1992 Study abroad in Illinois, USA
- 1994-1998 Faculty of Informatics, Kansai University ( Japan )
- Triage of damaged HDD and initial response guidelines 1st edition (2014) Created by: Dai Shimogaito, Supervision cooperation: Hiroshi Tani (Professor, Kansai University)
- Report on data erasure of evidence preservation media (2016)
Digital Forensics Study Group "Data Erase" Subcommittee
There is a lab in Manhattan, New York (74th Street, between Lexington Ave and 3rd Ave). We accept bringing in equipment, consultation, same-day analysis, etc. (Advance reservation required)
171 E74th St. C4, New York, NY 10021
<How to enter our company>
Please press "C4" at the intercom at the entrance of the building. After unlocking, open the door, go straight, and take the elevator down to the C floor to come.